Friday, April 25, 2008

A shopping trip with Michelle


On Wednesday, April 23rd, Michelle and I went shopping together. It wasn't for anything but groceries and other things, but Michelle made it a day I hope I will always remember.

When we arrived at the store, Michelle wanted to get out of the van using the driver's side door, which is pretty typical. But, as she was getting out, she decided to lay on the horn and surprised not only me but everyone around us-including a bunch of teenage boys that were trying to act as if it didn't scare them.

Then, as we were going around with our shopping cart, Michelle started dancing to the music! There weren't very many people in the store, which made it even better for her because she was dancing a whole 1/2 of a row ahead of me! There was a mother with her little girl in one of the rows that we were in, and Michelle decided to wave to her and keep dancing. The next thing I knew, there was that little girl following Michelle! Michelle and I were fine with the little girl wanting to be with us, but the mother wasn't. (I guess I can't blame her for being uncomfortable)

After an hour of shopping together with our cart so full that I couldn't even fit a frozen juice can into it, we headed for the checkout. After paying for everything, getting it loaded into the van and coming home, I noticed something else that just made me laugh right out loud. Michelle had stuck Joshua's light sword into the dirt by our fence on our way out the door before we went shopping!

Then I thought of how the Savior taught us to be as little children-so accepting of others, not worring about how the world will view us, and always willing to have fun. I was glad that we took the time to just be girls together!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a fun time with your darling Michelle!! I love that picture of her. It totally captures her cute personality. She is absolutely adorable. I liked what you said about Christ and being like a little child. That makes me want to look for those qualities in my children more. Thank you for the inspiration.